KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a national level Fellowship program conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for providing admission in Basic Science courses. The examination is scheduled on October 29, 2017 in offline mode.
Aspiring candidates are required to fill KVPY application form which can be procured just online. The form will be available from July 09, 2017 at the official website till August 23, 2017. Some important points regarding KVPY registration are mentioned as follows:
- General category candidates can obtain the application form by paying the application fees of INR 1000.
- On the other hand, SC/ ST category candidates have to submit application fees of amount INR 500.
- Application fees can be paid through both, online and offline modes.
- Online application fees can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Offline application fees can be paid by submitting an e-challan at the nearest branch of SBI.
- Before filling the KVPY Application form, students must have scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature, and caste/ medical certificates.
- Only Indian National students are eligible to fill KVPY Application form.
- Those students who have obtained the degree of distance education or correspondence degree are not eligible to fill the KVPY Application form.
KVPY Application Form – 7 Guidelines to Keep in Mind
Students are required to fill KVPY application form online which is available at the official website i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. The Application will not be accepted through any other mode. Candidates should make sure that they have scanned images of their photograph, signature and caste/ disability certificate as applicable before filling the form.
Candidates should read the below mentioned important guidelines carefully and keep them in mind before filling the KVPY Application form:
- Check Eligibility
As per the Institute instructions/ guidelines, students must check their eligibility criteria before start filling the application form. They must check the eligibility criteria for various streams by going on the official website of KVPY. If the student’s eligibility criteria does not match, their application will be automatically rejected.
- New User Registration
Students must register themselves before filling the online application form. After the completion of the Registration, a Username and Password will be generated. Students are instructed to enter the valid and functional Email ID and Mobile Number because all the communication will be done through email ID and Mobile Number.
The following table shows the filling criteria of the details asked at the time of Registration:
|Name of the Candidate||Fill the name exactly as written in 10th standard mark card|
|Date of Birth||Enter the date of Birth same as it appears in 10th standard Certificate|
|Applicants has to enter valid and functional email address which will be used for further communication|
|Mobile Number||Enter valid mobile number that should be active till the declaration of results. All the information regarding an application will be sent to the registered mobile number.|
|Gender||Select the gender from Male and Female|
|Category||Select the category from OBC/ SC/ ST/ General|
|Nationality||Select the Nationality from Indian/ Others|
After filling all the details click on the submit button. Details once submitted at the time of registration cannot be edited later.
- Fill the Application Form
- Log in to the portal by entering the registered User ID and Password.
- Click on the Login button
- After clicking on the button, the application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the details in the application form according to the below-mentioned filling criteria.
The following table shows the filling criteria of the details asked at the time of filling Online Application Form:
|Candidates Name||Enter the details similar as it appears in the Matriculate certificate. There should be no variation in form of spelling.|
|Date of Birth|
|Aggregate %age of Marks in all Science Subjects and Mathematics||For General and OBC category candidates %age should be >=80%.
For SC/ ST/ PwD candidates %age should be >=70%
It is mandatory for the candidates to fill all the details carefully. After filling the details click on the Save & Continue button
- Exam Center Preference
Students have to choose the examination center according to their preference. Allocation of exam center will be based on the availability of test centers. Once, students select their exam center, it cannot be changed further. The examination will be held in 54 cities of the country.
The following table comprises the 54 examination centres:
According to the Institute guidelines, students can select the examination centre of their preference only from these above mentioned cities.
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
Once all the details have been filled and examination center is selected, students have to upload their photograph and signature. After clicking on the browse button, students have to select their photograph and signature.
According to the Institute guidelines size and format of the photograph and signature are as below:
- Students must upload the passport size photograph in JPEG or JPG Format
- Image of the Signature must also be in JPEG or JPG format
- Size of the student’s photograph should be less than or equal to 500KB and students signature should be less than or equal to 200KB.
If students upload the wrong documents in wrong place, then they have to again reapply for their online application.
- Payment of Application Fees
According to the university guidelines, students can pay the application fees through both the online and offline modes.
- Online application fees can be paid through Credit card/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
- On the other hand, offline application fee can be paid through a challan by taking the print out of challan and submit it any SBI branch.
- Application fees once paid cannot be refunded back.
- Application Form Submission
Students have to click on Preview Application button in order to view their filled in application form and verify all the details. Students are advised to take the printout of filled in application form and keep it safe till the application process ends.
KVPY application form will be available from July 09, 2017 at the official website till August 23, 2017. Only Indian National students are eligible to fill KVPY Application form. Those students who have obtained the degree of distance education or correspondence degree are not eligible to fill the KVPY Application form.
Application fee for the same can be filled in both online and offline modes and it varies for different categories. Candidates should make sure that they have scanned images of their photograph, signature and caste/ disability certificate as applicable before filling the form.