With rapid advancements in information technology(IT), every minute in today’s era is highlighted by the advent of innumerable digital applications. In addition to simplifying complicated tasks, the IT era has been creating various new avenues. In the last decade, many unheard careers have blossomed and brightened people’s lives. IT-related careers are not limited to computer networks, programming, computer architecture, system designing, computer hardware, graphic designing, database administration, and data warehousing. The IT domain is evolving and creating new jobs every day.
Let us look at the key benefits of having an Information Technology degree:
- Evolving Technology:The lightningspeed at which technology is changing makes it necessary for everyone to brace up their knowledge. However, having an IT degree makes it advantageous, because you get to learn the finerdetails and also a strong base that helps you widen your horizon in this evolving technological era.
- Varied Applications: A rapidrise in using computing to automate tasks has made IT popular in many industries. Healthcare, finance, accounting, entertainment, education, manufacturing, and e-commerce are some of the industries that rely heavily on IT. This digitisation in the industrial sector makes an IT degree one of the most preferred ones, in addition to the domain expertise.
- New Careers:With technology spreading its wings across varied domains and the rapid change in technologies, many new careers are emerging. A strong degree in the IT domain gives candidates a firm foundation to carve their way into evolving roles. Advancements in the education sector have made it possible to promote IT and IT-related courses in remote locations. Distance-learning courses in India are facilitating and making professional IT degree courses accessible throughout India.
- Strong Competition: Important roles in the corporate ladder are highly competitive. Enhancing your skills by pursuing distance IT courses helps you fight out your place.
- Problem Solving: Business processes rely on solving complex problems.IT degree prepares you with the requisite skills to analyse and solve problems by developing innovative solutions. In addition to full-time and part-time IT courses, the School of Open Learning provides facilities to pursue an IT degree, while you continue to work in a full-time job.
The huge impact of IT in various businesses and in the society has made it mandatory to provide students with the appropriate IT-related educational opportunities so that they are ready to face the impending technological storm.